About Me

Tuesday, August 23, 2011


THE CURSE OF THE TOXIC FRIENDS




I have just read an article in a national newspaper about TOXIC FRIENDS, written by Tamara Abraham, and how maybe 8 of 10 of us put up with people who cause more harm than good. Even though we automatically think that having friends should be a positive thing they can also be a hindrance, your best friend could also be your worst enemy in disguise !!!!! The things we tell people in confidence whilst in a friendship could also be used against us when friendships end, as I'm sure most of us have a Pandora's box of secrets or should I say gossip !!!!!

The paper listed the top 5 toxic friend personality types:-

1) SELF ABSORBED
2) EMOTIONAL VAMPIRES
3) OVER CRITICAL
4) BACKSTABBING
5) UNRELIABLE

Can you see any of these in your friends? But most important of you can you see any of these in YOURSELF ??? !!!!


I began to see one of these in myself and decided I needed to change and also to change the circle of friends. I have also downgraded some friends from seeing them regularly to only occasionally and some I have just cut completely out of my life, especially those that are, what I call liars.


Nobody or nothing is 100% perfect should we take that into consideration? Should these faults be overlooked as I'm sure some people are born like it and it's second nature to them and they don't realise any different, for example those people that never have a good word to say about anybody !!!

Why is it so hard for many to end friendships? can we compare it to be more or less on the same level as ending an emotional relationship or even a marriage ?

I prefer toxic clean out to toxic waste !!! maybe I'm just one of these hard cold people that can do it !!!
What about you?



No comments: